[This post may contain affiliate links. This means that I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you follow one of my links and end up making a purchase.]
Happy Aries season! Here are two super fun and simple Aries-inspired tarot spreads to do to embrace the energy of Aries season. But in all honesty, these two Aries tarot spreads can be done any time of the year!
Aries Rules over the Emperor in Tarot
In tarot, each of the twelve zodiac signs rules over a specific Major Arcana card. Aries rules over the Emperor. This makes perfect sense because Aries is the leader – or emperor, if you will – of the zodiac. Aries are also a confident, authoritative bunch who bring a sense of leadership and a go-getter attitude to the zodiac. The Emperor is all about that self-discipline and drive and that bold sense of agency and determination.
We see this archetype reflected not only in the throne and crown of the Emperor, but in the rigid, rocky terrain behind him, which is a nod to his determination to reach peaks as well as his ability to draw and maintain strict boundaries both with himself and others.
[Related: Is the Emperor your tarot life card? Find out here!]
Tarot Spread #1: An Easy Tarot Reading with the Emperor
My first Aries tarot spread is a very easy tarot reading! This simple tarot reading technique honors the leadership and control of the Emperor. In fact, it’s more like a tarot trick than a spread. That’s how easy it is!
You can do this Aries tarot spread any time you are experiencing a loss of self-discipline or determination or low self-esteem. In fact, you can also do it when you are feeling a bit too domineering and controlling! Because as you will see below, this tarot reading helps us get to a healthy, more balanced center point.
Here’s how to do it:
- Shuffle your tarot cards while meditating on the Emperor. That card is the anchor or foundation for this tarot reading, which is perfect for confidence, leadership, and discipline.
- When you’re ready, stop shuffling and turn over your deck so you can look through the cards.
- Start thumbing through the cards until you spot the the Emperor card along with the card right before (or on top of) it and the card right after (or underneath) it.
- The card before, or on top of, the Emperor card reveals where you could relinquish control a bit.
- The card after, or beneath, the Emperor card reveals where you could exert more authority and control.
See what I mean by the sense of balance? That’s why I love it! It’s not healthy or sustainable (or very likable, really) to want to be in control of everything all the time. Doing this quick tarot reading for yourself helps you be more intentional and balanced with your energy.
Tarot Spread #2: Embrace the energy of Aries Season
If you prefer a more traditional tarot spread to capture the fresh, motivating energy of Aries season, I’ve got you covered there too. The following tarot spread layout involves four-card tarot spread, lay out your tarot cards like this:
The Aries constellation is a ram. You’ll notice this spread follows the shape of this zodiac sign’s ram’s head, complete with the horns jutting out on the sides. Here are the tarot questions that make up this four-card tarot reading:
- What area of my life needs a fresh start?
- How can I boost my energy and motivation to help facilitate this fresh start?
- Where can I relax or relinquish control to help facilitate this fresh start?
- How might this new chapter help me step into my role as a confident leader?
Let me know if you try any of these tarot spreads! Happy Aries season!